Semen Lost at Sea...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Big Wait

It's now the time of the Big Wait, at least for me. I am cut off from communicating with my wife until I get back to town, for I'm presently in Seoul, Korea on business. This is a little harder now because for the first few days I was here we were constantly talking to each other over Skype, but now we're cut off from each other. The reason is that whether she's super-happy or super-sad, she needs to experience those emotions with me in her grasp.

It's been a tough week - trying to go with the flow, yet at the same time making time for praises of thanks for having an opportunity to be pregnant (not me, her). I admit, it's been tough staying focused on being positive, and sometime my mind wanders to the negative, but I think the best I can do is to clear my mind, stay in the moment & stay in the flow.

I'm very worried for Alex, I can feel my heart crumbling at the thought of her crying profusely alone. She has a good support network, but most likely she will want to be alone at least for awhile. In any case during the time that we spoke, she sounded somewhat prepared for negative results. Pollyanna here, butting in - perhaps she will test pregnant in the near future, if it's negative now. Like a delayed response.

On top of all of this, we recently came upon a business opportunity that would be very difficult for us to give up. We would be minority partners in a very lucrative business that has lots of potential, the only stipulation is that it would be like a 9-5 job, and without putting much thought into it, I know if she is prego, that she'd want to be a full-time mom at home. Perhaps there can be flexible ways of working this out... I don't know. Again, metaphysically, the only solace I have right now is living in the present moment - not thinking about the future, just working on what I need to do or be right now.

That is my challenge for the rest of this week, until saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home