Semen Lost at Sea...

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Adopted people are cool!

Last night I met my a friend of my brother who was adopted, along with his sister into a family that never had any natural-born children. He was a super-nice, really-cool guy. So we talked for a little while about what it was like for him, and he basically said that it felt no different than anything else - that he feels so completely loved by his parents, and even feels more love from them than he sees in many others who come from natural parents (whereby maybe many parents who are just naturally fertile sometimes take it for granted, letting their guard down in terms of the gift they have received). We see it all the time - I just saw it the other day when a woman in the grocery store was pulling hard at the arms and yelling/complaining at her child who was screaming in the grocery store. I surely felt bad for that little guy, for he had parents who didn't have the patience & nurturing nature that all kids surely deserve. Maybe it was just a bad day - I shouldn't pass judgement, for I'm sure there will be times when I will want to blow up at my kid, I just have a feeling that I'd be able to control myself better, and I know that I'd really try to understand my child's needs during moments just like this.

Anyway, little moments like the meeting last night are God's affirmations of what can be, in a very positive sense.

Looking forward to adoption even more now.

1 Comments:

  • Well, that's really cool that you met someone like that. I think it's really important to meet a lot of people that have adopted and that are adopted, and to watch families in action, to appreciate how amazing it can be.

    And remember--even an adopted parent is still a natural parent! :)

    btw, like the name of your blog--

    Karen/Naked ovary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home